Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Morning

Tonight I am to graduate to my next dosage level of Depakote. I am not happy to be on this medication. I have never been happy to be on any medication at all, ever.

For the past 20+ years I have been prescribed what seems like the full spectrum of anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications from the SSRI and SNRI families. And not unlike Depakote, I have been prescribed medications not targeted to deal with brain chemistry disorders (BCD), but known to be helpful in treating related issues. And I use the word "treating" very loosely in this instance. Since no medication has ever worked for me thus far, I am not entirely convinced a medication has the ability to treat BCD.

Once again, I find myself taking a huge leap of faith by trying yet another medication. Though I have no explanation for the reason, the fear is not as bad as I had anticipated. With five days behind me, I have yet to experience any negative side effects. By this time, several of my prior medications have left me feeling like I was mere moments from collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment