Sunday, May 29, 2011

Meet theTherapist

I had my first appointment with my new therapist on May 20th. Personality-wise, she made a fairly good impression. She appears to subscribe to a somewhat Zen way of thinking, which I like. Her office, though, is not exactly comfortable and that will take some getting used to. Lot's of mismatched materials and patterns going on with the furnishings and the room simply has no flow. How she can concentrate in that room is beyond me. I am aware that should be insignificant if this therapist can help me find my way out of this perpetual state of emotional torment but I have enough clutter in my head and it really is not helpful to try to find stillness and calm in surroundings that trigger anxiety.

My next appointment isn't until the 18th of June. Between now and then I will continue to try to implement the cognitive behavioral practice of dealing with my anxiety attacks, when prompted by a situation, by acknowledging the irrational thought(s) and/or fear(s) and attempting to assure myself that I am all right....over and over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment